Monday, December 17, 2012

Here's Sue!


So, in keeping with this becoming a weekly thing, I was toying with calling it "Monday mates" but lets face it, that's terrible!

Anyway, here's today's caricature.

Sue!

I've known Sue for about 10 years now. We started working together in Kavaleer and I was delighted when she joined Boulder a couple of years later. She is an excellent animator!

Very happy with this, think I nailed Sue's character.


This is basically the same as the one above, but with her ponytail and dark hair colour. Some of the lines are a little cleaner too, but I think I prefer the first image.

This was from the initial attempts I made years ago, never liked either of these.



Evolution
I think I'm gonna keep showing my workings, like a maths problem. Here you can clearly see the evolution of my work. These 4 drawings all lead directly to the image at the top. You can see where I had trouble remembering Sue's nose but I think its clear that her cheeks just get more defined in each drawing.

Hope you like this Sue!





1 comment:

Gillian Comerford said...

Brilliant Jamie :)